Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Sixty Calorie Banana Muffins Actually Taste Good?

Hi All!
(not hi yall)

Saturday I tried a modified recipe for healthy banana muffins.  

Let’s be real here.

 

I thought they were going to taste terrible.

While making it they didn’t look very appetizing, but I had already mashed the banana so there was no turning back! When they came out of the over the smelled quite good, and after eating one I must admit it was rather tasty! By no means was indulging in a giant double chocolate with chocolate chips muffin (YES PLEASE), but for a guilt free breakfast (at around 60 calories per muffin) they were actually really good!  


This is how I made them.

1 cup instant oatmeal (I used the BetterOats maple and brown sugar)
3/4 cup flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1 cup mashed bananas
1/2 cup applesauce
2 egg whites
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Here we go!

First preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and then grease your muffin pan. 




Then combine flour, oatmeal, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt into a bowl. Mix this well.




In another bowl, use a mixer to beat the banana, egg whites, and vanilla.
Thank the Lord for my Emersion Blender!


 Then stir in the apple sauce.
After this stir all of the ingredients together.




Mix it, mix it, mix it



Once mixed, pour mixture into muffin tins (about 3/4 of the way full), and bake em 15-20 minutes.




 You can tell when muffins are done by inserting a toothpick into the center of a muffin and it comes out clean.




This makes 12 muffins. Hubbs loved them, and said “They even look healthy.” I wasn’t really sure if that was a good thing or not… Good is what I am going with. J I am pretty sure I will be making these again!

<3 Brittany.

No comments:

Post a Comment